Our oldest has amazing scout leaders. We were invited to go to his leaders farm and churn butter, make cider, eat doughnuts, feed animals and tour the property. I was so amazed at how self-reliant they are. They grow so much food and can it all!! Nothing goes to waste. The scraps go to the animals or into the compost. It was great to see the kids learning so much.
The Vances
The crew
Monday, October 27, 2008
A Day at the Clark"s Farm
Our oldest has amazing scout leaders. We were invited to go to his leaders farm and churn butter, make cider, eat doughnuts, feed animals and tour the property. I was so amazed at how self-reliant they are. They grow so much food and can it all!! Nothing goes to waste. The scraps go to the animals or into the compost. It was great to see the kids learning so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
When we would drive to the Washington Temple from Columbus, OH, we loved going through West Virginia and Pennsylvania. We frequently saw bear crossing signs on those highways, but never say any bears. So just to entertain the kids, every time I saw a cow with enough distance that it COULD be a bear, I would shout out a bear sighting. This is just one of my little deceptions that informs the kids' early memories. Tips for the Vance kids: 1. Make sure you know the difference between a cow and a bear. 2. Never try to milk a bear.
Post a Comment