The Vances

The Vances
The crew

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

C++++


If you have ever seen the classic movie A Christmas Story you'll remember the part where Ralphy finds out that he got a C+ on his theme, "What I want for Christmas."  Tonight I got roped into helping a poor math teacher grade his kids' sorry fraction homework.  Instead of marking off the papers yelling, "Margins, margins, margins!" I found myself saying, "Reduce, reduce, reduce."  
Special thanks to Marc Anthony, Michael Buble, Moby, and Coldplay for getting me through that insane task of grading middle school papers.  There is a reason I am a P.E. teacher and not a classroom teacher.  We grade once a year, not once a day.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Looks fun? No really, its great that you can help out that way. I don't know how teachers do it!

The Eight Family said...

Wow - that brings back memories of grading papers! I guess that for now that is at least one thing I don't have to do as a mom. I am sure even that will change!!
It also reminded me of countless hours of stuffing envelopes for Nick's research surveys.
Boy - if they only paid us for the fun stuff we do for our hubbies!!
Lisa

Heather said...

You Rock, Julienne! Richard is lucky to have you to help. :)

Heather said...

I can already tell that Richard is a better math teacher than I was. I never graded homework - just tests. I could never keep up! Tests were hard enough! You're quite a trooper to help out with that stuff!