The other things we had to do were not so easy. We had to worm the sheep and give them their tetanus shots. For the worming Bro. Oliphant put a metal tube in their mouths and squirted a worming solution in. The kids would mark the sheep with a pink chalk when he had done them. Then, he let each of the kids take turns with the syringe giving the sheep their shots. They did really well. Vets in training.


The Vances
The crew
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Worming Sheep and Tetanus Shots
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think this is such a neat experience your kids get to be involved in! Not everyone gets to say they've de-wormed or given tetanus shots to sheep!
Cool - looks like they had fun too!
And here I thought you were a city girl....
Way to build fond memories as well as a work ethic in your children! I think it's great that you can provide that experience for them.
Post a Comment