The Vances
The crew
Friday, October 1, 2010
Tender Mercies of the Lord
There is a fantastic talk by David Bednar called The Tender Mercies of the Lord. I have pondered this talk and just last week identified one of the many tender mercies of the Lord in my life. The kids had been given tickets to go see the Eugene Symphony!! I was so excited for them but realized that we would only be able to afford to have one of us go with them. A week before the symphony performance a friend emailed me out of the blue and offered Dad and me tickets to the symphony. I was so excited. I later asked her what prompted her to offer us the tickets and not someone else. She said that when she realized she couldn't go, immediately our names popped into her head. I know that the Lord wanted both of us to be able to go. I felt so loved by the Lord, that he would give us this little gift. Often tender mercies are little things the Lord does for us to show us that he is there and that he loves us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ooo, yes, I guess that is one consideration. Let me amend my previous comment: Next time you do something like that, let us know how much it costs and if you have any extra free tickets...and we'd love to crash the party with ya! Ha, ha.
Post a Comment