The Vances

The Vances
The crew

Friday, April 15, 2011

Green Dream

Ever since we moved into our house I have envisioned some type of garden boxes in the backyard. The soil is not good for planting most vegetables and so I have been limited, but this year I have all kinds of dreams as to what will be in our garden.

Dad, the kids, and I set out last Saturday to buy the supplies for making the boxes. We got a tip from a stranger while shopping and were able to find the wood at a discount lumber yard for a $100 savings!! We felt so blessed!!

It took us most of the afternoon to build one box, terrace the hill, and fill the box with the soil. The kids should have been in the picture. They worked so hard helping their dad and shoveling and moving dirt. We hope to finish the second box tomorrow and plant soon. I am so glad Dad was in charge of the project. He is so meticulous and gets the job done right. Thanks for making my dreams into a reality!!

No comments: