The Vances

The Vances
The crew

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Richard Rocks!!

Have any of you found yourselves using your spouse as a crutch?  Richard is insanely good at anything computer or money related, hence I do nothing for myself in these areas that he can do for me.  He is constantly giving me fish and offering to teach me to fish.  But, I say to myself, I already have enough on my plate (pun intended), I will just let you keep fishing for me, I don't want to know how to fish.  However, as I write these very lines I hear so many older and wiser voices telling me that I should be self-reliant in these areas.  I say to you all, YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT.  Does that change anything?  No.  

Hence, I have Richard to thank for creating this blog for me.  I have to give myself some of the credit though.  I did sit by his side and manage the project (in a very bossy voice of course.)  And I came up with the cool name.  

13 comments:

Mom of 7 said...

Blogging is the best thing. I too felt I had too much to do, but am now totally hooked and love it. Thank for letting me know about your blog. Come visit our sometime and keep on blogging. Very cute name.

Kirsten Gorski
http://crazymomof5boys.blogspot.com/

Philip Lybbe Powys said...

You are blogtastic and Richard does rock, but don't let him get away with limiting his household involvement to money and computing. I asked Julie the other day if I could just specialize in energy conservation (turning off lights and reminding people to turn off lights), and she wisely invited me to participate in other important household tasks.

Hillary said...

It's a really cool name. Sure missing you guys!

Joe and Corinne Bippert Family said...

Yeay!! You have a blog! That is awesome. I heard you guys moved....Where did you move to? Just curious. :)

Cassidy said...

very cool that you now have a blog...it's so easy to keep in touch through blogs even though we are so far away. We miss you guys and hope you love Oregon.

Uncle Jay said...

I know exactly what you mean. Laurie and I have talked many times about her learning to fish (on the computer), but it seems that the time I have to teach her always happens after 9:00 p.m. when her internal computer is in "sleep mode". Someday it will come. We are glad to know things are going well for you in Roseburg. Thanks for staying in touch. I love the blog name.

Erin said...

Hey! So glad to hear from you and to be able to stay connected. Love you!!!

Carrie Ann said...

A good project manager is hard to come by, so I'm thinking you and Richard make a pretty good team! Go Team Vance!

I love that you have a blog! Post lots!

elicia said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I know you'll be successful. I always have the best of intentions... but alas, I have not posted since the begining of the summer. I blame the pregnancy, but in my deepest heart of hearts I know that is only partly true.there are so many other projects that are eating up my time! Can't wait to see more!

Christi said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I was just turned on to it a few months ago and love putting myself out there for those who are interested in keeping up with our lives. It's great to post once and let everyone you care about know what's happening without sending out tons of emails....

Can't wait to read all you little antidotes to children and the meaning of life. I expect great things from you, JU-JUBY

Reid Baughman said...

Cool blog Julienne! I love the title, very fitting.

kacy faulconer said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. It's about time.

Cristie said...

Great Blog, Julienne! We'll link it to ours and then you can surf around and see what's going on in all the cousins' lives. Hugs to you and Richard and the kids!