The Vances

The Vances
The crew

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nice Hair Mrs. Primary President

Last weekend daylight savings started.  I think everyone in our ward remembered except for us.  We realized our oversight five minutes before church started.  We had kids in the tub, I had just gotten out of the shower and yeah, it was a real mess.  We got dressed and were in the car in record time.  

That would have been the end of my story if that day hadn't been the day I was sustained as the primary president.  We missed my sustaining by minutes.  I was already a little overwhelmed with the whole idea, but to add to it, I was so self conscious because I hadn't really had time to do my hair.  It was a mess and no matter how many times I ran out to the car to try to fix it, it never looked good.  So there I was in a new ward having people come up to congratulate me and probably thinking, doesn't this lady take care of herself.  Not my proudest day.
Today was my first day on the job and I am proud to say that my hair and makeup looked very nice.  

P.S. This picture of my mom and me has nothing to do with my story, I just liked it.  Don't we look alike?  

7 comments:

Jenny said...

You look beautiful, as always though.

Melanie said...

Wow, congrats, Julienne. You will be phenomenal in that calling.

Scott and Athena said...

Congrats on the new calling! It's a big job, but I know you'll do fabulous!! Yes, I love that picture! You look A LOT like your mom!

Heather said...

How funny. That totally reminded me of my first couple of years teaching school. It was a good thing I lived right around the corner because my 1st period math class didn't like to wait :) I had some pretty interesting make-up-less and bed hair days!

Laura said...

Hahaha!! That's like those dreams where you show up to class and realize you forgot to wear pants! I'm sure your ward members were thinking, "Well at least this President will be more concerned about our children than her our appearance!" Haha. Congrats on your new, fun calling!!!

Angela Baird said...

What a crazy Sunday morning...we forgot the time change, too, but did remember 25 minutes before, not 5. Getting everyone out the door is crazy enough without details like daylight savings. It was fun to read through your blog...baptisms, birthdays, awards, etc. Glad you are liking Oregon! Love, Ang

Christi said...

You rock, Juby! You are Primary President material for sure. Thanks for the laughs and your family is gorgeous.