The Vances

The Vances
The crew

Monday, April 27, 2009

Citizen of the Month Part 2

A few weeks ago I was in the van with the kids and our kindergartner announced that she would receive the citizen of the month award for April.  We were so excited.  That left our second grade daughter as the only school aged child to have not received it yet.  We told her that maybe next month she would get it.  She replied, "No, I don't think I will get it."  I assured her that she was a smart, well behaved girl and that she could very well get an award too.  

A week later I received not one but two invitations to the citizen of the month assembly.  Both our daughters would be receiving the award for that month.  What a fun surprise.  Here is what their teachers had to say about each of them.

Kindergarten daughter:

You are the kind of person who enters a new school and fits right in.  you are well-liked by everyone and you possess excellent citizenship qualities.  You are a well-rounded student with a strong sense of responsibility for your studies.  You like to learn and are eager to do so.  I see you excelling at whatever you put your mind to.  Congratulations, you are a welcome addition to Winchester and our AM Kindergarten classroom.

Second grade daughter:

To be responsible means being able to be trusted with something important, being dependable and reliable, and not blaming others for your mistakes.  She is a student that fits that description.  She hasn't been at Winchester very long but it is easy to see that she is an honest and reliable person.  She always accepts responsibility for her own actions and never blames other.  She is wonderful to have in class and is a great example of a responsible student.

Needless to say, the girls loved sharing that day together.  I was so proud of both of them.

No comments: