Monday Richard and I slept in. Mid morning the kids and I did a lot of cleaning while Richard put together a new trailer that my grandpa purchased to haul the canoe around. It was a lot of work for him but very satisfying to have done the entire project on his own. We all enjoyed a movie that night.
Tuesday Richard and I slept in. We had some friends over for lunch and got to chat while the kids played outside. The weather was really nice. We also took our car in for repairs and I got to go all by myself to the dentist. It was actually quite relaxing and NO CAVITIES. That rarely happens to me. I attribute the lack of cavities to diligent flossing and no pregnancies. Richard and I started an A&E miniseries called Horatio Hornblower.
Wednesday Richard and I slept in and all day we relaxed. We finished off the evening with another Horatio Hornblower movie.
Thursday we slept in again. The kids and I went to the track to watch Richard coach. So fun. Another movie that night.
Friday we went up to Falls Creek Falls. It was a "moderate" hike, one mile each way. Perfect for little people. Wow!! We were not prepared for how beautiful it would be. The vegetation and beauty along the way were just as beautiful as the falls themselves. We couldn't stop taking pictures, but the pictures don't even capture a fraction of the beauty that surrounded us. The great thing is that this was one of 15 falls along the highway that heads east from Roseburg. So much more to explore!!
That night and the next day we did some prep work for our garden. Richard tilled the ground and the kids eagerly raked out the weeds so that we can plant soon. We are hoping the plants will survive the deer and wild turkeys that come around.
Now why, you are asking yourself, does Julienne think she had such a good spring break? Well, I will tell you. Did you read anything about driving kids to dance, or gymnastics or basketball or scouts etc. etc. etc. Did you notice how every second of every day included Richard (my best friend.) Did you notice how many days I did not answer to an alarm clock in the morning and never worried about how late I went to bed. Oh, a little taste of Summer. I CAN'T WAIT!!

7 comments:
Horatio Hornblower and sleeping in?! Those are two of my favorites. Dad got me into the books (if you have a chance to read them they're great) and well, college got me into sleeping in :) Glad your spring break was so fun.
-Reid
Sounds perfectly wonderful. I loved the A & E Hornblower series. I checked them all out from the library to watch and I was quite sad when they ended. It actually got me to read the books.
Another fun series at the library is Upstairs, Downstairs.
I'm with you on the summer thing. Nick's semester winds up in a couple of weeks and I CAN'T WAIT!! Although we woke up to 3 inches of snow this morning, so I don't think we will be planting as soon as you will.
Horatio Hornblower huh? Any good? So you guys get a week of for spring break, that's nice. Ours is in a couple of weeks and the kids only get two days. I'm so ready for summer. I'm about as tired of homework as the kids. So do you guys now have a trail and canoes? Way pretty hiking pictures too.
Love,
Jenny
Sounds like a GREAT spring break to me!!!
The only bad thing about a great vacation from schedules is that eventually you always have to get back into the schedule. Your break sounds wonderful!
We all need a little break from time to time...glad your spring break was such a success!
Post a Comment